SUMMER SPORT: 5 WELLNESS TIPS FROM FITNESS COORDINATOR MEGAN LEVESQUE
New Hampshire is blessed with all the seasons so make the most of the summertime with these wellness tips from Megan:
- Hydrate. Drink early and often. Mix it up with hydrating foods, lemon water, and even electrolytes the day before a big outing.
- Listen to your body. Is it telling you today isn’t the day for that hike or to shorten the adventure? Take that advice!
- Be mindful of sun exposure and exertion in the heat of the day between 10 AM – 4 PM. Get out early if you can.
- Don’t forget that sunscreen, hat or umbrella.
- Play. Channel your inner child in the summer months. Enjoy the cleansing and rejuvenating experience of water. Kick off the shoes and “ground” with the earth or feel the sand in those toes.