Life is Better in Community
The Novel Coronavirus continues to affect the globe, with no real end in sight. To adjust to the new normal, individuals and organizations have pivoted and evolved best practices. The people most at risk are older adults. Each day in the US, 10,000 people reach the age of 70, a demographic trend that continues to grow.
Meanwhile, there seems to be an unfortunate and sometimes generational misconception about retirement communities. People perceive moving to a retirement community during a pandemic as a scary or challenging choice, when, in fact, it is a very wise move.
Five Reasons You Should Consider Moving to a Retirement Community Right Now
- Essentials are effortless. At RiverWoods Exeter, many daily tasks are handled for you. Our dedicated staff takes care of your amenities, including home repair, housekeeping, and security. We have systems in place that provide safe access to groceries, meals, and medicine delivery. There is no need to go out shopping during special “senior hours” at the crack of dawn unless you want to.
- Top-quality care. What should arguably be first on the list is wellness and on-site health care services. Our walk-in clinic, staffed with Nurse Practitioners, lets you make appointments without having to leave campus. If, and when, you need a higher level of care, our health care centers take a holistic and person-centered approach. Our fitness program offers a variety of socially-distanced classes; aside from indoor fitness rooms, you have the option to work out safely outdoors at the newly installed par course. There are also over four miles of well-maintained walking and hiking trails across our three campuses.
- Complimentary safety and sanitation. The RiverWoods Group is working closely with the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services and the CDC. Strict infection control policies were immediately implemented across all three campuses. Common areas like lobbies, elevators, and mailrooms are sanitized several times daily. In addition, all staff, vendors, and visitors to RiverWoods Exeter are screened for symptoms upon entry. Employees take part in an intermittent testing program and the RiverWoods Group is researching cutting edge practices to proactively detect the virus.
- Safe Socialization. Isolation is a leading cause of premature death. It is increasingly clear that it is detrimental to the health of anyone at any age but especially impacts older adults. Being in a community means you have a unique opportunity to socialize on a daily basis. RiverWoods implements safe communal practices of holding small group gatherings in a physically distanced manner. Our Community Life Teams meet on a monthly basis to exchange ideas and develop new programming. We added virtual programming into the mix of outdoor and socially distanced indoor events, providing a greater variety of options for resident engagement and activity.
- Financial peace of mind. In rocky economic times, you can rest easy knowing your future needs are covered at a predictable cost. You no longer have the burden of taking care of a home. You can provide a gift to your family in the form of asset preservation through our 90% refundable entrance fee contract. The housing market in New England is very hot with buyers outpacing sellers nearly 2:1. Now is a great time to get top dollar for your home and live the life you love in a safe, connected community.
Being in a community means you have the unique opportunity to safely socialize on a daily basis.
Moving to a Continuing Care Retirement Community offers all the advantages listed here and more! Riverwoods Exeter is the flagship community of the RiverWoods Group, the largest not-for-profit family of CCRCs in northern New England.
Isn’t it about time you considered RiverWoods? Schedule an in-person or virtual tour with us today.
Still interested in learning more? Request an info packet using the form below.
Send Me an Info Packet